- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- 3⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1large egg
- 2⁄3cup milk
- 1⁄3cup irish cream (such as Baileys)
- 1 3⁄4cups cake flour (7 ounces)
- 3 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 4tablespoons butter, for cooking pancakes and to garnish
- maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk butter, sugar, salt and egg in medium bowl. Whisk in milk and Irish cream liqueur until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to the bowl, then stir until just about smooth. (Batter will still have some lumps, do not over mix.).
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter. Drop as many 1/4-cup portions into the skillet as will fit without crowding, then gently spread out into a disc shape. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and continue to cook until done, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.
By: Kate L.