2 cups dark chocolate chunks
3 cups brewed coffee (warm)
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup whiskey
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1 cup whipped cream
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp whiskey
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 10-inch springform pans with parchment paper or grease well; set aside.
- Melt half of the chocolate with a bain-marie. Stir in coffee, cocoa powder and whiskey until smooth. Let cool.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat together margarine, and granulated and brown sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy; beat in vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate mixture alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chunks. Pour into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes
- Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely (about 2-3 hours)
- Layer cakes, spreading whipped cream in between.
- Using a bain-marie, melt together chocolate, milk, whiskey, corn syrup and sugar until smooth.
- Let cool slightly then spread evenly over top of cake.
- Chop chocolate chunks and pecans or keep them whole.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and pecans.