There are oatmeal cookies, and then there are rum raisin oatmeal cookies. Is there really any question? Try this warm and wonderful cookie recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats (not stone ground)
- Put raisins in a small bowl and pour rum over them. Let them soak for an hour or two, then drain the rum (and what you do with the drained rum is entirely up to you!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat the butter together with both sugars until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Put flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir gently with a whisk until well combined.
- Add flour to butter mixture with mixer on low speed. Add in oats and raisins.
- Put tablespoons of cookie dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then put on rack to finish cooling. Make sure to eat one while they are still warm! Or two.