- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Spiced Dark Rum
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Cut into chunks
- Place the butter in a small heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, 5-7 minutes; cool slightly.
- Beat brown sugar and browned butter in a stand mixer until well blended. Beat in the egg, then rum.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Drop rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned on top. Transfer to wire racks to let cool completely then enjoy!
Originally by: Kimberly