For the cheesecake:
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 110 g (½ cup) sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 750 g soft fresh ricotta, drained
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rum
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 250 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
For the crust:
- 375 g (2½ cups) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 55 g (¼ cup) sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, extra for brushing
- To make crust: Place flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture forms crumbs. Whisk together eggs and milk, add to the food processor and pulse until the dough just comes together. Shape dough into a larger disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Grease a 22cm springform tin then line base and sides with baking paper.
- Roll disc of dough out on a lightly floured work surface until 3mm thick and a 30cm round. Gently wrap dough around floured rolling pin, place over tin and unroll loosely. Using your fingers, gently press dough into the base and up the side of the tin; trim excess dough with a knife and discard. Refrigerate crust case until needed.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Beat cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until cheese is smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add ricotta, vanilla extract, rum and citrus zests and mix until just combined.
- Spoon filling into pastry case and level surface with an offset spatula. Top with blueberries.
- Bake cheesecake until filling is just set and crust is golden (about 1¼ hours), covering the top with foil if it is over-browning. Transfer cheesecake to a wire rack and cool in tin for 25 minutes, before unclipping the side to finish cooling completely. To serve, dust with icing sugar and cut into wedges.
Original recipe by: Neil Perry & Richard Purdue
(Grabbed from: https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/chefs-recipes/blueberry-cheesecake-19393)