250g All-purpose flour
185g Salted butter
1 Egg yolk
1/2 tsp Lemon juice
3 tbsps Sour cream
4 Apples, peeled, cored and quartered
1 tbsp Rum
125g Jam (your choice of flavour)
1 Egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
- Sift flour and sugar together. Cut butter into cubes and rub or cut into the flour mixture until crumbs form.
- Mix in the egg yolk, lemon juice and enough of the sour cream to form a firm dough.
- Cover in plastic wrap and allow to stand in a cool place for 1 hour before use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the apple quarters in a bowl.
- Beat the rum and jam together and mix into the apples. Leave to stand for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured board and cut into 16 squares. Place an apple quarter on each square with a little of the jam mixture. Bring opposite corners of each square together to form triangle shapes and press edges together to seal, leaving the tips open.
- Arrange on a buttered and floured baking sheet. Brush with mixture of beaten egg yolk and milk and bake in oven for 20 to 30 mins.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
Original recipe by: Chelsea Sugar
(Grabbed from: https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/apple-turnover/)