“This is my interpretation of a cake my friend in Germany has traditionally every year. It’s delicious! You may adorn it with icing, candy or fruit. We like to frost it with buttercream frosting.”
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup red wine
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease an 9 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy; add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix baking powder and flour; add to creamed mixture.
- Add red wine and mix well, but not for too long. Add cocoa powder to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour; let cool and decorate. Serve.
Recipe by: Harmony Dame
(Grabbed from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16009/red-wine-cake/)