Lasagna Recipe With Tiramisu for Dessert
This lasagna recipe is serve with a tossed green salad and garlic bread. The rich wine flavored sauce, and the three different types of cheese makes this lasagna the best you ever had.
Tips: Use fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh parmesan for a truly world class dish!
Wine Pairing with this lasagna recipe: Lasagna is an Italian food, so stick with the Italian theme and select a nice Barbera. This dry, medium bodied wine will enhance the rich cheesy flavours of the lasagna.
Ingredients for lasagna:
1 medium chopped red onion
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup of dry red wine
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 teaspoons basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon of pepper and sugar
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces of lasagne noodles
1 lb. ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Instructions for Lasagna Recipe:
- Saute the minced onion until soft.
- Add hamburger and garlic to the onion. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add and stir: tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, water, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer slowly for 90 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the box.
- Lay 1/3 of the noodles in the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of the meat mixture.
- Top with 1/3 of the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Repeat 2 more times so that all ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Tip: Double this lasagna recipe and freeze the second batch to serve later.
This will make 6-8 servings.
Best Tiramisu Recipe
Treat yourself to the best Tiramisu recipe. A classic chocolate Italian dessert that will quickly disappear. This is a no-bake layered dessert that is best when prepared the day before you plan to serve it.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mixture:
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Tawny Port
1/8 teaspoon salt
Instructions for Chocolate Mixture:
- Heat whipping cream and chocolate chips in a small saucepan until melted. Leave on a lightly warm burner to keep warm.
- Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, Port, and salt. Cook in the top of a double boiler until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. This will take approximately 18 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
Ingredients for the best Tiramisu Recipe:
6 ounces mascarpone cheese
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups warm strong coffee
32 ladyfinger cookies
Instructions for Tiramisu Dessert:
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of the whipping cream. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the remainder of the whipping cream with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Then fold into the mascarpone and chilled chocolate mixtures. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Mix the warm coffee with the remaining sugar until blended. Dip 1 ladyfinger at a time very quickly into the coffee. Do not let the ladyfingers soak in the coffee or they will break.
- Place the ladyfingers in a single layer on the bottom of a loaf pan (9 1/2 X 5 X 2 3/4 inches).
- Spread 1/3 of the Tiramisu mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Continue with 2 more layers. Top with a layer of ladyfingers. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
This lasagne recipe combined with the best tiramisu recipe will create a delightful meal!