This is a bright, lemony, creamy cocktail. The lemon punch is strong, but it’s mellowed out a little with the sweetness of the meringue. It truly is the Lemon Meringue Pie in cocktail form.
- 1 cup/8 fl oz Lemon Curd store bought or 1 batch of this recipe
- 2 fl oz Limencello if you don’t have this, you can replace this with an equal amount of vodka
- 6 fl oz Vodka
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice optional if you used Limencello
- Ice cubes
- 4 Lemon & Oat Lace Cookies recipe below
- 1 recipe of Swiss Meringue recipe below
- 4 chilled serving glasses
Place the Lemon Curd, Limencello, Vodka and Ice Cubes in a shaker and shake to combine.
Taste and add more lemon juice if you like the cocktail to be more tart in flavour (I personally prefer this)
Shake once more to combine lemon juice.
Strain this into 4 chilled serving glasses evenly.
Top with Swiss meringue.
With a blow torch, just brown the edges of the meringue (Optional)
Serve immediately with a lemon & oats lace cookie on the side.
(Grabbed from: https://www.theflavorbender.com/lemon-meringue-pie-cocktail/)