Thick, fluffy champagne pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberry champagne syrup. Sweet, tart, and perfect for Mother’s Day morning!
Fluffy Champagne Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons champagne
- Whisk together the egg, milk, and oil. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Gradually stir the milk/egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until you no longer see any dry flour. It will be a little lumpy – thats okay. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle to medium-low heat.
- For the syrup, combine strawberries, sugar, and orange zest , juice, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Smash strawberries and turn heat to medium. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes without a cover. Remove from heat and stir in the champagne.
- As the sauce is simmering, cook the pancakes. Gently fold the champagne into the batter until it’s just incorporated. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto a greased griddle. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form, and the edges start to firm. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden (2 minutes). Repeat with remaining batter. The recipe will make 9 pancakes.
- Drizzle pancakes with warm strawberry syrup. Optional: Top with whipped cream, and serve with a mimosa!
Original recipe by: Katie