Pancetta, parmesan, vodka and heavy cream make our easy vodka sauce more than a little better than regular old tomato sauce.
- 1 tbspOlive oil
- 1Small onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ lbPancetta, diced
- 3Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cupVodka
- 1 (28 oz) canWhole tomatoes (crushed with hands)
- 1 tspSalt
- ¾ cupHeavy cream
- 1 ½ cupParmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 lbCooked pasta for serving
- 1 tspRed pepper flakes, optional
- Extra parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Basil, thinly sliced, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and pancetta and cook over medium heat until onions have softened and pancetta is crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the vodka and the tomatoes (crushing the whole tomatoes with your hands as you add them) to the pot. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to burn off the alcohol and cook down the tomatoes.
- Add the salt, heavy cream and the parmesan. Simmer another 5 minutes until creamy.
- Serve over ¾ lbs of your favorite cooked pasta with red pepper flakes, extra parmesan cheese and basil.
By: The Modern Proper
(Grabbed from: https://themodernproper.com/easy-vodka-sauce)