With temperatures turning cooler, warm up from the inside out with a spiced and spiked chai latte.
- 2 cups water
- 4 spiced chai black tea bags or plain black tea
- 2 strips of orange peel
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom pods smashed (and optional)
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar packed
- 2 cups 1% milk or milk of your choice
- 4 oz spiced rum
- 1 1/2 oz Cointreau or orange liqueur of your choice
Combine the water, tea bags, orange peel, spices and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil and turn off the heat.
Allow the mixture to steep for 10-15 mins and then strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the tea bags and discarding the solids.
Add the milk and warm until simmering over low heat. Add the rum and orange liqueur and buzz with an immersion blender or blend in a blender until frothy. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired and serve warm.
By: Cathy Roma
(Grabbed from: https://whatshouldimakefor.com/boozy-chai-latte/)