Biltmore Estate’s Nut Crusted Brie with Cherry Chutney
Suggests pairing this recipe with sparkling wine.
- 1 cup almonds, lightly crushed
- 1?4 cup pecans, lightly crushed
- 1?4 cup walnuts, lightly crushed
- 1 (2 lb.) wheel Brie cheese
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1b. dried cherries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1?4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds
- 1-1?4 cups sugarPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix almonds, pecans and walnuts in a small bowl. Whisk the eggs and cream together in a separate bowl. Using a pastry brush, apply egg mixture to cheese and then coat with the nuts. Place in a baking pan and bake until the cheese is softened and the nuts are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Combine dried cherries with orange juice and vinegar in a saucepan. Add the ginger, coriander seeds and sugar; mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Cook to a syrupy consistency, stirring constantly. Cut the Brie cheese into desired portions. Place the cheese on heated plates. Spoon Cherry Chutney over the cheese and around the edges of the plates. Serve with slices of toasted French baguette. Serves 6-8.