Learn how to make an easy BBQ Chicken slider recipe perfect for summer entertaining. No BBQ needed it can all be made in your oven!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, skin on, bone-in
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of brioche buns, slider size
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
FOR BBQ SAUCE:
- 1 cup (240 ml) of ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) of molasses
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) of hot sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Worstershire sauce
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 cups (300 g) Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (40 g) Red Onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- ½ Carrot, peeled into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Celery Seed
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/(200C)
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 mins until cooked through.
PREPARE BBQ SAUCE:
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and in a medium saucepan. Cook, while stirring until thicken and reduced slightly.
- Slice cabbage, and onion very thin. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a smaller bowl combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately. (If not serving right away, keep dressing and vegetables separated and covered. Toss moments before serving)
TO ASSEMBLE SANDWICHES:
- Brush brioche rolls with melted butter and lightly toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Remove skin from chicken. Shred chicken meat with two forks and place in a large bowl. You should get about 3 cups.
- Warm BBQ sauce and spoon over chicken tossing until well coated. Reserve the rest of the sauce to serve on the side, or it will last in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for a month.
- Place a layer of coleslaw on the bottom of the toasted bun. Top with pulled chicken mixture. Top with bun. Arrange on platter and serve with extra sauce on the side.
By: Beth Le Manach
(Grabbed from: https://entertainingwithbeth.com/bbq-chicken-slider-recipe/)