- 2 cups gruyere or 2 cups emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2cup dry white wine
- 4slices country bread or 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1dash cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the cheese, eggs and half the wine and spread the mixture over the bread.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet large enough to hold all four slices.
- Swirl in the remaining wine, then settle the bread into the pan. Add cayenne.
- Bake until the cheese melts, 12 to 13 minutes.
By: Mary Winecoff
(Grabbed from: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/baked-cheese-on-toast-with-wine-282819)