Bailey’s Cheesecake Bars feature a chocolate graham cracker crust, Irish cream cheesecake filling with a hint of espresso, and a fudgy layer of rich chocolate ganache on top.
For the crust:
- 10 (150 grams) chocolate graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 16 ounces (454 grams) cream cheese, completely softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
For the topping:
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang.
In a food processor, pulse the crackers until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until moistened. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass. Bake until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Make the filling:
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until it’s completely smooth and creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until totally combined, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed. Add the sour cream then the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Add in vanilla, espresso powder, and salt and blend on low speed until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the Irish Cream. Don’t over mix.
Spread batter evenly over cooled crust. Bake at 325°F until just set in center and edges are puffed and slightly cracked, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes. Transfer to rack to let cool completely.
Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 4 hours.
Make the topping:
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan heat the cream just until simmering.
- Pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes before stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the Irish Cream. If needed, allow to cool and thicken. Pour over the cheesecake.
- Serve or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
By: Tessa Arias
(Grabbed from: https://www.handletheheat.com/baileys-cheesecake-bars/#wprm-recipe-container-33248)