A classic pairing of wine and cheese combined into a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices french bread
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Dash of rosemary
- Dash of thyme
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- In a pan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, mixing into butter.
- Once the onions begin the soften, add garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp of flour, mixing in.
- Once mixed in, add wine.
- Reduce until alcohol has burned off and the reduction is thick enough to coat a spoon. Taste reduction to ensure alcohol has burned off.
- Spread reduction on each slice of bread.
- Add Gruyere.
- Butter the outside of each slice.
- Grill in a pan on medium heat until golden brown on each side.
By: BS’ in the Kitchen
(Grabbed from: https://bsinthekitchen.com/wine-cheese-grilled-cheese/)