An easy garlic baked shrimp recipe perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb. Wild American Shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave the tails on if you like)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss together shrimp, garlic, white wine, melted butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Give it a good toss to make sure the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Pour shrimp and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and spread shrimp out in a single layer.
- Bake shrimp at 400 degrees F for 12-18 minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Top with chopped parsley (optional) and serve immediately. This is great as is, over rice or pasta, or served with a side of Easy Crusty French Bread to sop up all that tasty white wine sauce.
This is a great blank-canvas recipe! Add red pepper flakes or extra herbs to the shrimp bake, or make it a sheet pan meal by adding some fresh veggies like broccoli, bell peppers, or whatever else you have on hand.
This garlic baked shrimp is also great when made on the stovetop – mix everything together as instructed, and throw it into a hot skillet to cook the shrimp (instead of baking it).
Use lime juice and cilantro in place of the lemon and parsley for a fun twist.
Don’t be stingy with your seasonings here! If you don’t want to season with salt, add some extra lemon juice to the shrimp to help the flavours come through.
(Grabbed from: https://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/white-wine-garlic-baked-shrimp/)