Food52 Review: gluttonforlife’s Tuscan Chicken Liver Paté is a rich dose of umami spread on grilled country bread. Unlike typical French versions, this Tuscan paté g (…more) —The Editors
Makes about 2 dozen crostini
- 1pound organic chicken livers
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1large clove garlic, smashed
- 3anchovy filets (or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste)
- 1tablespoon capers, minced
- 4-6sage leaves
- 2/3cup dry white wine
- 1/2teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2cup grated parmigiano reggiano
Grilled country bread, for serving
Trim any sinews from the livers and dry well with paper towels.
In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Sautee the shallots, garlic, anchovy, capers and sage until shallots are lightly browned, 6 minutes or so.
Season the chicken livers with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook over high heat until browned, then add half of the white wine (1/3 cup) and keep stirring with a wooden spoon, breaking up the livers as they start to cook through. When the wine is absorbed, add the second 1/3 cup and repeat the process.
Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor. Process until quite smooth, then add lemon zest and cheese and process again. Taste and add salt or pepper as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature to spread on grilled country bread.
****Grabbed from: http://food52.com/recipes/2779-tuscan-chicken-liver-pate