This spaghetti recipe is a creamy pasta dish with scallops, white wine and lemon zest. It is easy and quick, about 20 minutes to make.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
This recipe is a slightly retro creamy pasta dish with scallops, white wine and lemon zest. It is quick and easy to make, about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 6 large sea scallops
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- a few sprigs tarragon
- 1 handful chives
- 100ml cup white wine
- 200g spaghetti or other thin pasta
- 115ml cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest and ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 50g Butter
- 75g finely grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, saute the shallots and tarragon in a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
- Add in the chives and season well.
- Cover and cook for five minutes until the shallots soften.
- Add wine and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a large pot of salted water boiling for the spaghetti.
- If you have large scallops, slice them in half horizontally so you are left with two thinner discs.
- Set the pasta to cook as per instructions on pack, or your own intuition regarding pasta.
- Season the scallops and pan fry in a large frying pan (big enough to take all the pasta and sauce a little while later) in a little oil until golden brown on each side (approximately 1 minute each side if cut in half).
- Transfer the scallops to a warm plate and cover with foil and set aside.
- Put the frying pan that contained the scallops on medium-high heat, and add in the strained onion mixture (you can get rid of the onion bits and tarragon sprig).
- Use this to deglaze the pan and scrape up the browned bits from the scallops.
- Drain the cooked pasta.
- Add the cream, butter, lemon zest, juice and season well.
- Add the pasta and stir well to combine with the sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the sauce is thickened and coating the pasta.
- Serve with some finely grated parmesan and fresh black pepper, topped with the scallops.