These simple roasted chicken thighs are a great opportunity to use any leftover red wine from a recently opened bottle.
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs, with skin (about 2 pounds)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Season the chicken thighs liberally on all sides with salt and pepper. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Roast in the oven, skin-side up, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add the red wine and thyme sprig. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the red wine has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Serve on the side with the roasted chicken thighs.
By: Stock Hocker