Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4cup canola oil
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 1piece egg
- 3/4cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon red food coloring paste
- 1 1/2teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3cup freshly brewed hot espresso
- 2packets 8-ounce cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix oil, sugar and egg until well combined.
- Mix in buttermilk, vanilla extract and food coloring paste, followed by vinegar and espresso.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- To prepare cream cheese frosting, place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting. Garnish with cake crumbs.
By Oh Sweet Day!
Author Notes: Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting —Oh Sweet Day!
***Grabbed from: http://food52.com/recipes/33496-red-velvet-cupcake