Sweet, spiced, and full of autumnal flavour – this Pumpkin Spice Fall Sangria is perfect for pumpkin carving, Thanksgiving, or anytime!
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 (750ml) bottles chilled dry/semi-dry white wine (like Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 to 1 cup spiced rum
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin pie syrup, plus more to sweeten to taste
- Cinnamon sticks and star anise pods, for garnish
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the apple cider, wine, rum (start with 1/2 cup and use more if you’d like the sangria stronger), apples, and pears.
- Add in 1 cup of the pumpkin pie syrup. Stir well, and taste the sangria, adding more pumpkin pie syrup until it reaches your desired level of sweetness and spice (I like about 1 1/2 cups). Stir well and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Ladle the sangria into cups, and garnish with the cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired.
By: Cassie Johnston
(Grabbed from: https://wholefully.com/pumpkin-spice-fall-sangria-recipe/)