- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pinot noir wine
- 3⁄4 cup sweet ground cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pinot noir wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter and wine.
- Stir cocoa with flour, baking powder and salt, combine this with egg mixture, and stir in nuts if using.
- Spread into greased 8 X 8 inch pan, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, sugar, and wine.
- Continue heating over low heat stirring often, until mixture is smooth. NOTE: DO NOT let it boil.
- Spoon hot icing over fresh brownies and let stand for a minimum of an hour; 12 hours is best.
Original recipe by: WiGal
(Grabbed from: https://www.food.com/recipe/pinot-noir-chocolate-brownies-491323)