If you like to enjoy a good steak and love red wine, then here is a recipe you must try. Dry red wine, beef stock, shallots and mustard combine, make a sophisticated sauce which will enhance the flavour of peppercorn-seasoned tenderloin steaks.
Ingredients & Instructions
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds beef tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick (about 4 steaks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked seasoned pepper blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup Swanson® Beef Stockor Swanson® Unsalted Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or other dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Season the beef with the salt and the pepper blend.
- Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook until browned on both sides, for 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning the beef over once halfway through the cooking time. Remove the beef from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the stock, wine and mustard and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to about 1 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in the butter. Serve the sauce with the beef. Sprinkle with the parsley.