This delicious beef stroganoff recipe serves four. You may pair it with Pinot Noir. This is a delightful wine choice to pair with a rich dish of mushrooms. It is ideal to serve the same wine used in preparing the stuffed mushrooms.
Come to The Wine Butler to make your own Pinot Noir wine. We are located in Toronto and Mississauga. Check our website for our list of Pinot Noir wines.
Ingredients for Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 pound beef sirloin
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Pinot Noir
3 tablespoons cognac
2 tablespoons prepared oyster sauce
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Beef Stroganoff:
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles, return to a boil, and cook until tender 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut meat into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and beef into a 12-inch frying pan and cook over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to brown. Pour into another bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Cook onion and garlic and stir for 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and brown 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add wine, cognac, and oyster sauce to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and return to a simmer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture and stir until it boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and beef and heat for about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour beef over hot noodles.