Beaujolais Nouveau is a light and fruity red wine that is best served cold. It is a great party juice. A party wine pairs well with party foods, such as appetizers, finger foods. When served with cheese, use goat or feta cheese. When with meats, use light and white meats, like chicken, turkey, fish. And when pairing with pasta, make sure the dishes are served with a very light sauce.
- Charcuterie — Selection of cold, cooked meats like sausages, ham, pâtés, etc. With fresh radishes, gherkins, a good crusty baguette with butter.
- Cheese boards — anything goes, as long as you stay away from the strongly flavored or heavily aged or overly ripe cheeses.
- Chinese take-out (but stay on the light end of the flavor spectrum and avoid strongly flavored dishes).
- Crab cakes.
- Goat cheese crostini.
- Salads with turkey or chicken and red fruits (e.g., pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, dried cherries, etc.).
- Thanksgiving turkey leftovers.
This bears repeating: Serve Beaujolais Nouveau wines CHILLED! Now, party on.