- 1pound raw shrimp, size 26-30 is great, peeled and deveined
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1cup white or cremini mushrooms, wiped of dirt and julienned
- 2green onions, chopped
- 3/4 scantcups bread crumbs
- 1/2cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and fresh ground white pepper
- Preheat you oven to 400? F.
- Place bread crumbs and the parmesan into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and season the mix with salt and pepper. Mix everything really well to distribute the butter this will help a great deal in getting the top to brown evenly.
- Put the shrimp into another mixing bowl and add green onions, mushrooms and garlic. Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper then combine this mixture with half the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with the white wine and toss again.
- Fan the shrimp out in individual gratins or one large gratin or casserole. Top with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 13 to 20 minutes or until the top is brown and the shrimp are cooked through. If you have over lapped the shrimp a great deal it might take longer to cook and you may need to back the oven down to 375?F so the topping doesn’t brown too quickly. Serve.
(Grabbed from: http://food52.com/recipes/16746-jacques-pepin-s-shrimp-gratin)