- 8 large free ranch chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup mixed fresh herb leaves (such as thyme, sage, rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fine red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup good dry white wine for the baking dish
Finely chop garlic and herbs in food processor; then blend in oil and vinegar, salt and peppers. Place chicken thighs in a baking dish.
Spread herb and seasoning mixture over all sides of chicken. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Get out the baking dish with chicken thighs from refrigerator. Pour 1/2 cup of good quality dry white wine into the bottom of the baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the baking dish with chicken thighs inside of a large brown bag and transfer to the middle rack of the oven.
Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden brown. Transfer thighs to a large platter, pour the accumulated jus into a small sauce pan and simmer until reduced to sauce consistency.
With a pastry brush smear the sauce over the chicken thighs. Let cool and absorb the sauce.