You will be able to see all the available wines and schedule your first visit online. In addition, you will be able to see commonly asked questions, get directions, appointment confirmation and more.
Please note that all of our online deal vouchers specify limit one per new customer/household per lifetime and we check ID for all new clients.
Please note the initial visit is very brief to add yeast to your order as required by the terms of our license. The second visit is more interactive when you will bottle and label your wine.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Wedding Inquiry”]First off, you have contacted the right place. We have made wine for thousands of wedding either to be served at the function or as a great gift to your guests. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding the winemaking process.
You will need to apply for a Special Occasion License if you intend to serve the wine at your wedding. Click here for details: http://www.agco.on.ca/en/whatwedo/permit_special.aspx
There are two visits involved to make your wine; the visits are 4-6 weeks apart. The first is a quick visit (5-10 minutes) to pay for the wine and start the fermentation, the second visit to bottle the finished product – count on about 30 minutes per batch.
Here are wine selections – priced in 28-30 bottles: https://winebutler.ca/wine-list/
To help you out, Wine Butler would like to offer you 40% off the wine portion of your order.
Pricing example: California Wine it would be $165 per batch of 28-30 750 ml bottles. Bottles are $1.10 each plus tax
So 28-30 bottles $165 with 40% off = $102.90 + $36.05 for bottles. Total is $138.95. Or $156.95 for our International Wine with bottles or $174.95 with bottles for our Exceptional wine. This includes tax, basic labels, corks, foils, boxes (everything).
Here is a link for custom labels: https://www.winebutler.ca/custom-labels/ . They are available through a third party for an additional charge (roughly $22 per 30 labels)
Let us know if you have any questions.
To start the process simply visit www.winebutler.ca and click on Make Wine. Use promo code: butler when you come in the store.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”When should I drink my wine?”]At the Wine Butler we keep the acidity of our wines quite low. Additionally, we use 1/5th to 1/7th of the preservatives present in most LCBO wine. As a result our wine is drinkable quite young. However, we do recommend a minimum storage period of 2-3 months, as even a few months will bring a change to balance, texture and body that really lets the wine come into its own. For the very patient, aging and development will continue for as long as a full year of storage.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”How should I store my wine?”]There are a number of factors that affect the quality of your wine after it has been bottled and brought home.
Temperature: Wine likes to be stored in a temperature range of 10-16 C. White wine does better cooler than red, so if you’re storing on racks, keep the whites to the bottom.
Humidity: Wine likes a fairly high humidity to make sure the corks don’t dry out. 50-70% is ideal.
Light: Wine likes it the darker the better. Red wine is in green bottles to help prevent spoilage from exposure to light.
Vibration: Vibrations are very bad for wine, and can risk restarting fermentation, spoiling the batch. Keep the bottles away from furnaces, washer/dryers and other sources of vibration.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”How long can I keep my wine?”]The Wine Butler recommends you drink your wine within 3-4 years if kept in ideal storage conditions.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”How Do I Refer A Friend?”]If you refer a friend (a new client) to the Wine Butler, you both get $100 off your next regularly priced batch.
NEW Please note: The only way to initiate a referral is by the person who is being referred (the new customer) registering through our public website: www.winebutler.ca and clicking on “Make Wine”. Referred customers must have the exact email address of the person who referred them (that the existing customer uses to order from Wine Butler) when signing up for both parties to get credit.
Please also note:
- This program is available online only
- Referred clients must set up their own accounts and come in to start their batch with valid ID.
- Appointment must be scheduled in advance.
- New clients must be present for their initial and final appointments.
- Wine cannot be started or bottled by person referring customer no exceptions.
Referred customers must have the exact email address of the person who referred them when signing up for both parties to get credit.
To say “thanks” you will both get $100 off your next order. Please note: New customer order must be started prior to existing client getting their discount!
SEE OUR AVAILABLE PRODUCTS STARTING AT $150 TO YIELD 28-30 BOTTLES AT WWW.WINEBUTLER.CA
FOR NEW CUSTOMER/HOUSEHOLD REFERRALS ONLY. VALID ID REQUIRED. Bottles Not Included. Bring your own or $1.10 plus tax per bottle. Takes 4-6 weeks to process. Not valid with any other offers/deals! $100 off per individual wine order – cannot combine promotions. Must provide valid ID.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Location/Hours”]The Wine Butler is located online at www.winebutler.ca
Our Address is:
Unit G, 100 Bridgeland Ave.
Hours Of Operation
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 8pm
The Wine Butler Mississauga is located at www.winebutler.ca
Our Address is:
860 Lakeshore Rd. East
(416) 781-WINE(9463) x600
Hours Of Operation
Wednesday – Saturday 9am-8pm
Sunday Closed[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”14 Bottle Promotions Limit 1″]Please note that all of our intro offers specify limit one per new client household per lifetime.
We appreciate your business but we offer these online deals at an overall loss as a means to attract new customers.
For Groupons or Living Social – your voucher is always worth the face value towards any wine in our store. Alternatively, you may also return the voucher to the organization that sold it to you.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Combining Promos”]**Please note: No two promotions can be combined (including credits)
If you’d like to resubmit an order with another wine selection, or simply reply to this mail with the selection you’d like to use instead, I’d be happy to process the order for you.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Returns/Refunds”]Thank you for your email and feedback. We are very sorry you had this experience, and we guarantee all of our products 100%.
We recommend people let their wine sit for at least 3 months prior to drinking it. Young wine will taste sharp; thin and typically have less flavor. Typically wines at the LCBO will have aged at least a year…
If you feel the wine is not consumable at any point you can get a replacement for this batch at no charge; and if that doesn’t work then we will refund you no questions… Simply bring the unconsumed portion back to the Wine Butler….[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Custom Labels”]Custom labels are available from a third party company for an additional fee. You design your own label online and it will be sent to you via courier to bring to your bottling appointment.
You can design your label online with text and images, or text with your own photo.
Please see https://www.winebutler.ca/custom-labels/[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Wine tasting”]Because we function as a make-your-own-wine facility, all of the wine on the premises belongs to customers, not to us. As such, it’s actually illegal for us to give samples, unfortunately. However, all of our wines are guaranteed, so if you end up being unhappy with your choice for whatever reason, just let us know and we can do an exchange or refund, no problem.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Ingredients in our wine are always a combination of”]Grape juice (preserved with sulphur dioxide), invert sugar, chitosan (derived from shellfish), kieselsol (liquid silicon dioxide), bentonite, potassium metabisulphite, potassium sorbate, yeast, tannin, diammonium phosphate, yeast nutrient, malic acid, citric acid, and tartaric acid.
Our products are all proprietary and produced exclusively for Wine butler. Because of our exclusive relationship with some of the most noted wineries in the world (and our contractual obligations with them), we are not able to share information about our suppliers. formulations, or production process.
We do guarantee all of our products 100%![/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”First Time Customer”]There are two appointments involved in winemaking about 4-6 weeks apart.
The first thing you would do is reserve your juice online at www.winebutler.ca and schedule your first appointment to drop yeast (Click MAKE WINE).The yeast drop is a quick 5-10 mins appointment. The bottling appointment (when you come pick up the finished product) generally takes about 30 mins, where you get to bottle and cork your wine as well add labels. Please note that while everything is included in the price, the bottles are $1.10 each plus tax or you may bring your own.
Let us know if you have any additional questions and for more information please visit www.winebutler.ca .[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Can I use screw top bottles?”]You can use screwtop or cork bottles, either type works well as long as it’s glass and the neck isn’t too narrow. We don’t have the facilities here to re-seal screwtops properly, so you’ll be corking the bottles you bring in, regardless of type.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Bottling Notification”]Please note the following:
- Bottling is done by appointment only. Please use the link provided to book your bottling.
- The appointments you see are all of the available appointments. Sometimes appointments will become available as a result of cancellations so make sure to check back if you do not see the time you desire.
- You will receive an email confirmation with which you can alter or cancel your appointment.
- If you are booking an appointment for someone else’s wine too, please call them when you both have notification your wine is complete and you can book your appointments back to back. Just follow the link in the email we send you while on the phone with your friend.
- Please note: We do not accept cash any longer as a method of payment.
- While we understand the vagaries of traffic, our scheduling is quite tight. Please make sure to leave yourself a lot of time for travel.
- Make sure your bottles are clean and free of mold. We will sterilize your bottles in our dishwasher machine for you prior to bottling but if they are moldy or have dried crusted wine in them, our machine will not clean them and you may need to discard them and purchase new ones. Please check your bottles before you come in. If you’re bringing your own bottles, bear in mind, we do not have extra empty boxes.
2.) SAVE BIG OVER RETAIL! Our products are lightly taxed – hardly at all. Because you participate in the process, your ingredients are taxed as a food product.
3.) You can re-use your bottles every time – it’s good for the environment! We look forward to seeing you for your appointment!
- So I’ve added my yeast! What’s the next step?
- We’ll take care of the brewing!
- The brewing process takes four to six weeks.
- When your wine is ready you’ll get a notification email.
- When you get that email, use the link inside to book a bottling appointment.
What about bottles? Can I bring my own? Do you have them?
- You can bring your own bottles if they are clean (no mold, crusted wine, etc.)
- Don’t use soap or bleach to clean them; residues can spoil your wine
- You’ll be sterilizing your bottles here using our equipment before you start.
- You can use screw-top or cork bottles. We’ll provide corks.
- We also sell 750mL bottles in green or clear for $1.10 each plus tax.
- The Brewing Process
Fermentation:The yeast will take 48 hours to multiply until it reaches a critical volume, and then it starts to work. It converts the natural sugars in the juice to alcohol. This process takes about 15 days, and outputs wine which is approximately 12% alcohol by volume.
Racking:We’ll monitor the fermentation and once the wine is ready to go, we’ll transfer the wine from the plastic pail into glass containers called ‘carboys’. This process is called racking, and has the effect of removing most of the sediment from the juice.
Fining/Cleaning:We stop the fermentation completely by killing any remaining yeast in the wine. Then, we vacuum pump all of the air from the wine which has the effect of helping the wine clear faster, taste better, and require less aging while increasing the total life of the wine. We add a clearing solution which bonds to the remaining sediment and pulls it to the bottom of the carboy.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”PREPARING BOTTLES FOR YOUR BOTTLING”]Here are some tips for removing labels from your bottles
- You can buy bottles at our facility or reuse your own.
- The easiest way to take wine labels off your bottles is to fill the bottles with very hot water and soak them in hot water at the same time.
- PLEASE DON’T USE DETERGENT OR SOAP TO WASH YOUR BOTTLES – IT MAY HARM YOUR WINE.
- LCBO bottle labels do not come off – you may leave them on or we always have bottles for sale. We sterilize all bottles in a washing machine prior to your bottling.
- Our commercial sterilizer will not remove mould or any other residue in your bottles. For best results after drinking wine simply rinse out bottle with hot wate and turn over