- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) seasoned cooked, chilled white rice
1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrots
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Heat 1 tbsp. (15 mL) oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a heat-proof spatula, for 1 to 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet; add onion. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Stir in peas, carrots and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute longer. Stir cooked egg into rice. Serve garnished with green onion.
(Original recipe grabbed from: https://www.readyseteat.ca/recipes-simple-fried-rice-32336)