This chicken piccata recipe is an elegant and simple Italian dish. favorite Italian dish.
Serve with fresh grilled vegetables, garlic bread, and mashed potatoes for.
You definitely want a dry white wine to complement the dry flavors of the meal. An exquisite pairing would the Dry Creek Vineyards 2007 Taylor’s Vineyard Musque. This single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc is a beautifully dry wine with complex tropical fruit flavors.
Ingredients for Chicken Piccata:
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon capers
Instructions for Chicken Piccata:
- Saute the minced garlic in oil in frying pan.
- Mix together: flour, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken breast pieces with the flour mixture.
- Add the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over.
- Add butter, wine, lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. Simmer until chicken is not pink inside and the sauce has thickened. (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Pour sauce over the chicken to serve.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.