- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium peach, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Your choice of fruit flavoured liqueur
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce heat to low.
- Place peach halves cut side up in pan; cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Cool peaches in syrup for 30 minutes.
- Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place cut side down in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until chilled.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat raspberry jam for 20 seconds; stir until smooth. Place peach halves cut side up in dessert dishes.
- Top with ice cream and whipped cream as desired. Drizzle with jam and fruit flavoured liqueur.
(Original recipe from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/peach-melba/)