A refreshing, homemade strawberry lemonade with hints of mint and the fun addition of gin!
- 4 medium Meyer lemons peeled
- 1 cup + 2 cups water divided
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup gin
- 2-3 tablespoons agave nectar to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- leaves A handful of mint stems with attached plus extra for garnish
- slices Optional: Lemon for garnish
- Optional for sweeter mix: Add stevia to taste
Place peeled lemons in a blender with 1 cup of water, puree until mostly smooth. Pour mixture through a strainer or cheese cloth, into a large jar or pitcher, getting all of the juice from the pulp. Add remaining 2 cups of water to lemon juice.
Place strawberries, gin, agave nectar and salt into the blender, pureeing until completely smooth. Pour mixture directly into the jar (without straining), taste and add more sweeteners if necessary. Place mint in jar and either place in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve, or pour into a drink dispenser over ice.
By: Jackie of Vegan Yack Attack
(Grabbed from: https://veganyackattack.com/2016/03/09/boozy-mint-strawberry-lemonade/)