Recipe time45 minutes, yield 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 leg-thigh pieces chicken, cut in 2, or 8 thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup cracked green olives
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- ½ cup broken walnut pieces
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Put oil in a deep skillet or casserole, preferably nonstick. Turn heat to medium-high. When oil is hot, add chicken, skin side down, and brown it well, rotating and turning pieces as necessary, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
With chicken skin side up, add wine and olives. Adjust heat so mixture simmers vigorously, 10 to 15 minutes.
When chicken is almost done, place sliced lemon on it, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Arrange chicken and lemon on a platter, and stir walnuts into sauce. Taste, and adjust seasoning, then spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.