Like Us On Facebook And Win!
Here’s what happiness in a bowl looks like:
4 cups water
1 bottle full bodied red wine (we used cabernet)
1 pound spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup flatleaf Italian parsley
1. Measure 1/4 cup of wine and set aside.
2. Combine the water and the remainder of the bottle of wine (about 3 cups) in a large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook (stirring frequently) until al dente, about 7 minutes.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the spaghetti. Set aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the reserved cooking liquid and 1/4 cup of reserved wine to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and toss to coat with the sauce.
7. Add the butter and stir until it melts into the pasta.
8. Add salt and pepper, parmesan, and parsley and stir to combine.
9. Serve on its own or top with more parmesan and parsley and open up another bottle of wine!