This is a quick shrimp salad recipe with roasted peanuts. It can be served on crisp lettuce for an unique presentation, or on cucumber rounds.
- Kosher salt, as needed
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Thai basil, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted, roasted peanuts
- Sliced cucumber rounds, for serving
Bring a small pot of salted water to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook gently until just opaque, about 2 minutes. Drain well; cool.
Toss cooled shrimp with vinegar, oil and basil. Toss in peanuts. Serve on top of cucumber rounds, garnished with more basil.